Kia Telluride vs Hyundai Palisade
You may be comparing the Hyundai Palisade to the Kia Telluride and seeing that the Palisade is a little ($140) cheaper than the Telluride, but is it really?
Take a moment to bo below the surface to see if this is really the case:
While it is true that the Palisade has a “Starting Price” of $140 less than the Telluride, let’s set the record straight about the value, so you can see the differences between these two SUVs.
START WITH STANDARD FEATURES:
- Telluride has many more standard features than Palisade, including multiple safety and convenience features that are important to most customers.
- In fact, to get some of the most desired features that come standard on the Kia Telluride, it would require consumers to spend at least $1,800 more on a similarly equipped Palisade.
Take a look at the standard Telluride Key Feature advantages:
|Base Price||$31,690||$31,550||$140 Advantage: Palisade|
|Sofino Leatherette (Palisade has cloth only)||Standard||Not Available||Advantage: Telluride|
|Smart Key w/ Push button Start||Standard||$33,500 (SEL TRIM)||$1,810 Advantage: Telluride|
|Blind Spot Collision Warning & Avoidance (#1 asked for safety feature)||Standard||$33,500 (SEL TRIM)||$1,810 Advantage: Telluride|
|Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning w/ Brake Intervention||Standard||$33,500 (SEL TRIM)||$1,810 Advantage: Telluride|
|Safe Exit Assist||Standard||$33,500 (SEL TRIM)||$1,810 Advantage: Telluride|
|Rear Occupant Alert (Ultrasonic w/ Text notification)||Standard||$36,600 (SEL Trim + Conv Pkg and Sunroof)||$4,910 Advantage: Telluride|
|Modem Connectivity (App based remote start, temp adjustment, lock/unlock)||Standard||$37,850 (SEL Trim + Conv Pkg, Sunroof, Drive Guidance)||$6,160 Advantage: Telluride|
Telluride has $1,600 more in superior standard features, far better in value than the $140 Palisade “price advantage”
WHAT ABOUT THE PREMIUM FEATURES:
- As you go through the available trims and packages, Telluride offers more premium features as standard equipment at more attainable price points, than the Palisade.
- Advanced Luxury features such as 360 Surround View Monitor & Ventilated Front Seats are also available in packages starting for thousands less on Telluride vs. Palisade.
Take a look at the Telluride Premium Feature price advantages:
|Premium Features at Price of Trim Packages Offered||Telluride||Palisade||Telluride Advantage|
|20” Alloy Wheels||$33,990||$36,600||$2,610|
|Navigation w/ 10.25” Screen||$37,090||$37,850||$760|
|Ventilated Front Seats||$37,090||$44,700||$7,610|
|360 Surround View Monitor||$41,490||$44,700||$3,210|
|Harman/Kardon Premium Audio||$41,490||$44,700||$3,210|
|Front and Rear Power Sunroof||$41,490||$44,700||$3,210|
Bottom Line, consumers can get the Premium Features they desire at a more affordable price point.
WHAT ABOUT PRODUCT FEATURES:
- While it is true that Telluride and Palisade share a base unibody platform; Telluride does offer some specific product advantages over Palisade.
- Telluride has more room inside
- More overall interior room
- More 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-row headroom
- More 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-row shoulder room
- Telluride has 3 cubic feet more storage space behind the 3rd-row seat than the Palisade (about 3 NBA basketballs more!)
- Telluride has slightly better FWD combined fuel economy
- Telluride 23 MPG, Palisade 22 MPG
- CAR and DRIVER, started an online poll back in February 2019 to see which of these two vehicles people preferred most.
As of June 2019, Telluride is being chosen nearly 2 to 1.
Despite the minimal savings, Telluride is clearly a better overall value. It offers more standard equipment and lower price points for premium features that consumer’s desire.
Final Advantage: Kia Telluride